WV ATV Trails 2015 Map
Created By: BobT
Last Updated: January 18th, 2015 4:01pm
West: 82.2862° East: 81.216°
Country: United States
State: West Virginia
Most Popular Maps
Other Maps By BobT (See All)
******* Version 2015 Released Dec 29, 2014 *********
Added many trails near War, WV. These will eventually be the new Hatfield McCoy Warrior Trail System.
Added some Outlaw Trails west of Gilbert.
Changed difficulty/color coding of a few trails due to rutting from weather.
Improved accuracy of many trails. The vast majority of trial are accurate to 15 feet.
Fixed a trail numbering error on the HM Pocahontas Trail system.
Now has 802 tracks and 416 waypoints.
The original tracks are included so you can view them on your PC on top of a basemap.
The link below will take you to the files and instructions to use this map on Android App "OruxMaps"
This link will take you to the files and instructions to use these tracks on Android App "BackCountry Navigator"
******* Version 2014 Released June 21, 2014 *********
Previous version was very accurate, this version is extremely accurate.
Hatfield McCoy Trails updated to latest maps.
Same more Outlaw Trails were added.
******* Version 2013 Released Sept 7, 2013 *********
Original GPS Tracks incuded on 9/10/2013
Major Changes to WV ATV Trails 2013
BobT, Sept 7, 2013
When installing please read color coding scheme
- Now includes 356 waypoints including 35 Lodging waypoints, 23 eating establishments, 32 gas stations, and 83 directional sign post.
- Consist of 715 individual tracks and over 2,000 miles of trails
- Tracks and intersection accuracy was improved for all trails using various satellite imagery and Google Earth.
- Added East Lynn Trails, color coded and named. Color coding is my opinion.
- Added Bergoo Trails, color coding is subjective since these trails I did not track.
- Added Hatfield McCoy Ivy Branch Trails, numbered and color coded.
- Updated/tweaked all Hatfield McCoy Trail Systems.
- Changed background color to pure white for better printing using Basecamp and plotters.
- Several trails added East of Herndon.
- Several small tweaks made to various trails.
- Added special color coded trail “HMIR-27 to Stair Steps”.
- Added special color coding for “9-mile Creek By-Pass” going to Welch.
- Includes 7 special color coded trails between popular destinations.
- Most trails were ridden in Spring and Summer of 2013 and updated to current status.
- HMPO – added alternated Trail Entrance from Bramwell. (much easier)
- HMIB – ridden and tracked in March and August with several GPSr’s.
- HMIR - updated trail 19, connector to Stair Steps has special color coding.
- HMPC - Trail 22 added.
- HMBW - new Logan connector added, left recently removed trail 10 on map.
- HMLCR - updated to latest map added back trails 57, 64, 65, 14.
Burning Rock – A very nice trail system, takes 2 days to ride. Highly recommend.
- Ridden in June and July, under new management and trails are being added/deleted/changed constantly. Several changes between June and July.
- Added trails 99, 30, 59, 48.
- New configuration of trail 2 to trail head from other side of Hwy-16.
- Reflects new trail 67 configuration.
East Lynn – ridden and tracked in spring and summer of 2013. Some trails are blocked due to tornado damage. Shows parking areas and two gas stations. Color coding is fairly accurate.
Bergoo – this is one system that I have not ridden. Got tracks from someone else so color coding is very subjective.