WV ATV Trails 2013 Map
Created By: BobT
Last Updated: September 30th, 2013 7:09pm
West: 82.2862° East: 81.216°
Country: United States
State: West Virginia
Most Popular Maps
Other Maps By BobT (See All)
******* Version 2013 Released Sept 7, 2013 *********
Original GPS Tracks incuded on 9/10/2013
Major Changes to WV ATV Trails 2013
BobT, Sept 7, 2013
When installing please read color coding scheme
- Now includes 356 waypoints including 35 Lodging waypoints, 23 eating establishments, 32 gas stations, and 83 directional sign post.
- Consist of 715 individual tracks and over 2,000 miles of trails
- Tracks and intersection accuracy was improved for all trails using various satellite imagery and Google Earth.
- Added East Lynn Trails, color coded and named. Color coding is my opinion.
- Added Bergoo Trails, color coding is subjective since these trails I did not track.
- Added Hatfield McCoy Ivy Branch Trails, numbered and color coded.
- Updated/tweaked all Hatfield McCoy Trail Systems.
- Changed background color to pure white for better printing using Basecamp and plotters.
- Several trails added East of Herndon.
- Several small tweaks made to various trails.
- Added special color coded trail “HMIR-27 to Stair Steps”.
- Added special color coding for “9-mile Creek By-Pass” going to Welch.
- Includes 7 special color coded trails between popular destinations.
- Most trails were ridden in Spring and Summer of 2013 and updated to current status.
- HMPO – added alternated Trail Entrance from Bramwell. (much easier)
- HMIB – ridden and tracked in March and August with several GPSr’s.
- HMIR - updated trail 19, connector to Stair Steps has special color coding.
- HMPC - Trail 22 added.
- HMBW - new Logan connector added, left recently removed trail 10 on map.
- HMLCR - updated to latest map added back trails 57, 64, 65, 14.
Burning Rock – A very nice trail system, takes 2 days to ride. Highly recommend.
- Ridden in June and July, under new management and trails are being added/deleted/changed constantly. Several changes between June and July.
- Added trails 99, 30, 59, 48.
- New configuration of trail 2 to trail head from other side of Hwy-16.
- Reflects new trail 67 configuration.
East Lynn – ridden and tracked in spring and summer of 2013. Some trails are blocked due to tornado damage. Shows parking areas and two gas stations. Color coding is fairly accurate.
Bergoo – this is one system that I have not ridden. Got tracks from someone else so color coding is very subjective.