New Mexico Topo Map
Created By: -Oz-
Last Updated: October 23rd, 2011 7:10am
West: -109.026° East: -103°
Country: United States
State: New Mexico
Most Popular Maps
Other Maps By -Oz- (See All)
The purpose of this venture is to create a detailed topographic map of the entire state of New Mexico at 24k detail. This map is created for Garmin GPS receivers and Mapsource.
- Roads - Interstates, highways, roads, limited unpaved roads (Tiger 2009)
- High resolution water data - lakes, rivers, streams, marshes, and washes
- Federal Land Usage - Wilderness area, national parks, and military bases/ranges, native american reservations, some state parks
- Borders - County and state boundary lines
- Elevation contours - 30ft intervals (equivalent to 24k)
- GNIS Points of Interest - summits, mines, falls, dams, cemeteries, towers, populated places, etc.
- Trails - trail coverage inside of the national parks/forests as well as state parks
- Parks POI - trailheads, camping sites, forest service huts within the national parks/forests and National Parks
This map covers the entire state of New Mexico.
These two screenshots show the New Mexico Topo on a Garmin 60csx (night mode) On the left is the Rio Grande and two trails. On the right is Albuquerque at the I-25 I-40 interchange:
This screenshot demonstrates how this topo looks in the new version (6.14.X+) of Garmin MapSource:
This final screenshot compares the New Mexico Topo to Garmin's US Topo West and Garmin's Topo 2008:
Two options exist; for windows download and run setup. The map will then appear in Garmin MapSource and can be added to your GPS by selecting it in MapSource and sending it to the GPSr. For Mac download the mac version, extract it and double click the .gmapi file. Map Manager will then install the map for you.
This map can be installed with any other Garmin Maps (How-To Tutorial). Then you simply hide and show other maps until you see the New Mexico Topo. For more detailed instructions check out this tutorial.
Support The Effort
Although this map is free, and always will be if you find the map useful please consider making a donation to offset software, hardware, and hosting costs.
* You don't need paypal to donate but that is who will process the donation.
If you can't donate (or even if you can) another great way to help is by providing data for this map or other maps. If you have data please contact me.
Version 1.50 (23 Oct 11)
- Upgraded the Windows installer to correct an issue with Windows 7 64bit Basecamp
Version 1.50 (25 Oct 10)
- Increased the number of trails included in the map
- Fixed a glitch with missing data on the state border
- Decreased contour interval to 30ft
- Added National Park Service campsites and trails
- Includes Albuquerque City Parks and Open Space including trails
- Updated roads data
- Updated water data
- Updated points of interest
- Created searchable points of interest
Version 1.00 (20 Sep 08)
- Initial release
- Note: Hospital POI may have issues; report any errors you find