Montana Topo + National Forests 2019 Map
Created By: yogazoo
Last Updated: May 19th, 2019 4:05pm
West: -116.051° East: -104.039°
Country: United States
Most Popular Maps
- My Trails-High Quality Trail and POI Maps
- Arizona Topo
- World Topo - Eastern
- Florida Topo
- World shaded relief kmz
Other Maps By yogazoo (See All)
Montana Topo + National Forests is a highly detailed, 24k scale topographic map of Montana with the following updated features:
- National Forest (USFS) and National Park boundaries (including all of Yellowstone National Park).
- 50,000+ Points of Interest
- 20ft Contour Lines in many areas of Montana (based on USGS topo quad resolution)
- Updated roads layer for improved accuracy and coverage. Some areas of poor coverage or data quality have been manually digitized.
NEW FOR 2019:
- Updated Forest Service ownership polygons.
- Additional 500,000 building footprints statewide.
- Road and trail edits and updates in select areas.
- Added City/County owned parks.
NEW FOR 2018:
- Continental Divide Trail has been updated with high accuracy data from http://continentaldividetrail.org/cdt-data/.
- Road and Trail edits and updates in select areas.
If you experience any problems, errors, or would like to provide feedback or suggestions please feel free to email me at: [email protected]
The "Pre-Compiled" map files below are just as they would be if you transferred the map from BaseCamp. I'm essentially simply cutting out the need for Garmins broken map transfer software. The map data is even visible in BaseCamp when your Garmin is connected to your computer. Install instructions are included in the download. I've added a link to download an installer which will make the maps viewable in BaseCamp/MapSource without connecting the GPS to the computer. Please do not try to install the map from BaseCamp due to known issues.
Pre-Compiled Map File for Modern Garmin Units: CLICK HERE
Pre-Compiled Map Files (gmapsupp.img) for Older Garmin Units: CLICK HERE
Windows Installer (only for viewing maps in BaseCamp/MapSource): CLICK HERE
Here are a few screen shots of our MT Topo + National Forest map. Some screenshots were taken enabled over Garmin's Topo 24K product. As you can see the terrain shading of Garmin's product shows up through some of the following images. For more images and information regarding this mapset please visit our website: gpsmapsmontana.com