Texas Topo Map
Created By: maps4gps
Last Updated: June 15th, 2011 7:06am
West: -107° East: -93.5°
Country: United States
Most Popular Maps
- My Trails-High Quality Trail and POI Maps
- Arizona Topo
- World Topo - Eastern
- Florida Topo
- World shaded relief kmz
Other Maps By maps4gps (See All)
This map covers Texas and uses custom type styles developed on an Oregon 300 with shaded relief set to 'do not show'.
Transportation - Census TIGER (2010 Nov.- 2011 Feb) - enhanced
Hydrology - USGS NHD (2010 Sep)
Contours - 10, 20 or 40 ft depending on terrain - created from USGS 1/3 arc sec (about 10m point spacing) NED (2011 Feb).
POI's - USGS GNIS (2011 Feb) - enhanced. NGS benchmarks
Boundaries: State & County from Census TIGER (2011-Feb). BLM surface management data (2011 May).
Below are examples of this map on a Garmin Oregon300:
Two options exist; for windows download and run setup. The map will then appear in Garmin MapSource and BaseCamp and can be added to your GPS by selecting it in MapSource and sending it to the GPSr. For Mac download the mac version, extract it and double click the .gmapi file. Map Manager will then install the map for you.
Version 2.0 Released June 13, 2011
There is an issue with the 64-bit installer used in the PC version of this mapset. If this is the first mapset you are installing on a Windows 7 64 bit PC, you will need to FIRST install a mapset which used a 32-bit installer, 'My trails ....' http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/53 works and is small in size.
Support The Effort
Although this map is free, and always will be if you find the map useful please consider making a donation to offset hosting costs.
* You don't need paypal to donate but that is who will process the donation.
Version 2.00 (June 13, 2011)
- Contours regenerated at 10, 20 or 40 ft intervals and reflect the latest USGS elevation changes
- Hydrology changed from Census TIGER to USGS NHD
- Surface management agency changed from USGS Nation Atlas to BLM national SMA file
- Census transportation and boundaries and GNIS POI's updated to current source versions
Version 1.00 (March 5, 2009)
- Initial release