Idaho Topo Map
Created By: -Oz-
Last Updated: October 17th, 2008 10:10am
West: 117.5° East: 111°
Country: United States
Most Popular Maps
- My Trails-High Quality Trail and POI Maps
- Arizona Topo
- Florida Topo
- World Topo - Eastern
- World shaded relief kmz
Other Maps By -Oz- (See All)
The purpose of this venture is to create a detailed topographic map of the entire state of Idaho at 24k detail. This map is created for Garmin GPS receivers and Mapsource on both the mac and PC.
- Roads - Interstates, highways, roads, limited unpaved roads (Tiger 2007)
- High resolution water data - lakes, rivers, streams, marshes, and washes
- Federal/State Land Usage - Wilderness area, national parks, and military bases/ranges, native american reservations, some state parks
- Borders - County and state boundary lines
- Elevation contours - 20ft or 40ft intervals (equivalent to 24k)
- GNIS Points of Interest - summits, mines, falls, dams, cemeteries, towers, populated places, etc.
- Trails - trail coverage inside of the national parks/forests; also includes trails in the NW Trails map.
- Parks POI - trailheads, camping sites, forest service huts within the national parks/forests
- 100k Grid Segments - no segment larger than 8mb means most older GPSr\'s can use this mapset
This map covers the entire state of Idaho. All data ends at the border of the state.
The two screenshots below were taken on a Garmin GPSMap 60csx. The one of the left is an area in Boise National Forest; the one on the right is roads near Twin Falls, ID:
This screenshot demonstrates how this topo looks in the new version (6.14.X+) of Garmin MapSource:
This final screenshot compares the Idaho Topo to Garmin's US Topo West and Garmin's Topo 2008:
Two options exist; for windows download and run setup. The map will then appear in Garmin MapSource and can be added to your GPS by selecting it in MapSource and sending it to the GPSr. For Mac download the mac version, extract it and double click the .gmapi file. Map Manager will then install the map for you.
Support The Effort
Although this map is free, and always will be if you find the map useful please consider making a donation to offset software, hardware, and hosting costs.
* You don't need paypal to donate but that is who will process the donation.
If you can't donate (or even if you can) another great way to help is by providing data for this map or other maps. If you have data please contact me.
The references used to create this map are listed in my How-To Create Maps tutorial.
Version 1.00 (17 Oct 08)
- Initial release